Dil Ki Deal Is A DilSe Deal

Dil Ki Deal Is A DilSe Deal



I am a shy person and the extent of it was experienced by me during my brother's marriage four and a half years back in 2010. Everyone in my home including my brother started talking to Bhabhi ( sister-in-law ) even before her marriage with my brother. But in my case forget about talking I was hesitant to come in front of her when our family visited her home on few occasions.

My attitude didn't change even when she came in our house after their marriage. There is a tradition in India to give a welcome gift to a newly wed bride. Every relative and family members from groom's side gave something to her before looking at her face for the first time ( Muhn Dikhai ). To avoid this function I remained absent from that ritual when relatives were present in our house. I was sure that Bhabhi would have noticed my absent when all my sisters gave something or the other to her. Although she never complained me about that till now, but I knew she would have felt bad. 

I believe this tradition as one of introducing the new member of family to all relatives, it's good in a way to make her comfortable in an almost unknown place and atmosphere. This informal introduction makes one comfortable among strangers. Few more days passed relatives left the house but I neither introduced myself to her nor gifted anything to her. My sisters, mother scolded me for my this behavior. I was also ashamed of myself but that nature of mine was hard to change.

Some more days passed, everyone forgot that I hadn't gave her anything but that feeling was making me guilt ridden. I thought day and night about it and then one day a thought struck to me. I was too late in this ritual so I have to do something special. I figured out one essential thing which no body gifted her a watch. I presented her a watch along with a paper written with following message,

Ye ghadi nahin hai mein hun!
Chuti si hai badi nahin hai,
heere moti jadi nahin hai,
har kasauti par khari utregi,
sahi samay par sahi karegi,
Ye ghadi nahin hai main hun! 

These lines of Hindi means 'This is not a watch but me, all though small and not valuable but sure to stand victorious in any test of time.' Her eyes became moist she looked towards me with a smile. I knew from this smile that my gift has touched her heart. A message from heart always reaches the heart. That DilSe deal became Dil Ki Deal at that moment.

“I am participating in the #DilKiDealOnSnapdealactivity at BlogAdda in association with SnapDeal.”

Comments

  1. Better late than never, right! That was a very thoughtful gift for her and beautiful lines too :) I am sure you talk a lot with her now.
    Points To Ponder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, I do talk lot with her now.

      Delete
  2. good that you finally welcomed your sister in law with such a lovely gift. sweet Shayar :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment