Safe Skin Healthy Baby
Safe Skin Healthy Baby
With a baby comes a responsibility of keeping him/her free from infections, rashes and other ailments. Keeping your baby warm and nourished thus becomes your priority. Newborn skin is delicate and so is the baby's immune system. Chemicals, fragrances, and dyes in clothing, detergents, and baby products can cause newborn skin irritation, dryness, chafing, and rashes. It is important to select correct products and apply proper care to keep a child healthy. I have witnessed caring of several babies around me, babies of my sisters and brother. Most recently i.e. in August 2015 my Bhabhi (sister-in-law) gave birth to twin boys which mean double responsibility which we all share with her. This recent experience makes me learned if not an expert in baby care.
My recent and past experiences with babies helped me formulate these five points to keep babies' soft skin safe:
- Resist the urge to bathe your baby frequently. Too-frequent bathing -- more than three times per week during the first year of life removes the natural oils that protect baby's skin. That may leave baby's skin vulnerable and dry. It may also aggravate eczema. Except for drool and diaper changes, newborns don't get very dirty. For the first month or so a sponge bath two or three times a week will keep your baby safely clean. In between, simply clean baby’s mouth and diaper area with a little water or cleanser.
- Proper Diapering is must to prevent skin rashes. If you don't select a proper diaper, it may leak making baby's skin wet for longer time causing skin rashes. So you must check diapers regularly and changed them if they get wet, let the diaper area air-dry before putting a new diaper to prevent rashes. It is necessary to select a proper diapers and Pampers is an excellent brand for this.
- Don't use scented baby products during early months. They may contain harmful chemicals which can irritate baby's delicate soft skin. It is better to select baby products on doctor's advice. Today's babies are more sensitive than they used to be in past so old home made traditional products should also be used with care.
- Clothing material for babies should be selected carefully and there is also a need to wash baby's clothes, bedding and blankets separately from family's laundry. Use only baby laundry detergents that are fragrance and dye-free. It is recommended to read labels carefully for manufacturing and expiry dates along with the ingredients of the product.
- Message baby's skin regularly, if possible in mild sunlight before bath. This will not only keeps the skin soft but also makes bones and muscles strong. Here also selecting the correct message oil is necessary. Try to use herbal and Ayurvedic products.
“Pampers brings you the softest ever Pampers Premium Care Pants. Its cotton-like softness is #SoftestForBabySkin and allows it to breathe, thus keeping baby’s skin soft and healthy, and your baby happy. ”