Skip to main content

Diary Confessions - 8

Diary Confessions - 8 ( Naina's Diary)


Dear Diary,

From last one month I am sharing with you letters I am receiving from the day I have joined my new job. I never shared them with anyone in my family not even with my sister because I liked what he wrote,those love couplets, stanzas in admiration of my beauty I loved them all without knowing who was sanding them. I build a place in my heart for him and was keen to meet him. I placed a letter yesterday at the spot he kept letters for me with description of my desire to meet him.

Today when I was going for a conference held in a hotel with my driver I saw a boy following me on a cycle. I was sure it was him for the way he was peddling to come closer to the car but I couldn't see him clearly as my car raced ahead. I was getting late so I left my meeting with him to fate. When I came out from hotel after the conference I saw the same cycle on other side of the road I ran quickly to see him. But no one was standing near it. Suddenly, some one called my name from behind, I turned and saw a bearded man. He was young but looking older than his age because of that heavy beard. He extended his hand to introduce himself as Rishi the owner of cyber cafe in the same building I worked, the boy who wrote those letters to me. I was shocked not for who he was but for how he was. I told him to stop giving those letters and returned.

I should have asked him, "Will you ever shave in your life?"I don't know what I did was right or wrong but you couldn't impress me with that unkempt appearance and why the hell he was chasing me with a cycle when he had a motorbike with him. Forget him I don't want to think about him anymore.

I am accepting Vandana's tag. I would like to tag Sana , Vinitha , Arushi Ahuja , Umamaheshwari Anandane , Anirudh Shetty , Anushree Burman , Bushra M , Jaibala Rao . 

This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.

This post is a part of #WillYouShave activity at BlogAdda in association with Gillette'

The contest for those without exclusive invitation will start after 1st December. 


Write a blog on any of these themes-
  • Missed chances- Stories or instances where you missed out on an opportunity because of a non-shaven face
  • Luck or Confidence?- Will you leave your fate in the hands of destiny or will you step up and say yes to a well- groomed face to be at your best everyday? #WillYouShave?
Ladies, you have a say in this too! Write a blog post about the men in your life on the following themes.
  • An instance when a stubble came in the way of a man's chance to make a good impression
  • An instance when a well groomed look ensured that they struck gold on an opportunity given to them
How do you win?
  1. Write blog posts on any one or both the themes and win an assured gift voucher worth Rs. 300
  2. Tag as many friends as possible to take up the #WillYouShave Challenge
  3. For every two friends who take up the #WillYouShave challenge and blog about the given theme(s), you win an additional gift voucher of Rs.400
Wait! There’s more! You also have a chance to win these amazing prizes-

1st Prize: An Apple iPad
2nd Prize: 2 Moto G phones
3rd Prize: 3 vouchers of Rs.5000 each/Cash

Comments

  1. hmm heavy beard makes guys look older than their age :(
    Hey Thank you for accepting my tag
    I am following ur blog on gfc
    I hope u follow back
    http://vanduchoudhary.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  2. a heavy beard!! that's a complete no no from me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful.. no no.. Excellent story!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Accepted the tag., Cifar. Here is my post. : http://thevoidthoughts.com/2014/12/19/the-new-day/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice story and I would definitely say no to a beard man...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Accepted the tag! :)
    here's my post:
    http://shettyanirudh.blogspot.com/2014/12/shaving-history-willyoushave.html
    keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry but I have no more posts to write and no more time for it to

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bitter Bread

Bitter Bread
Bread,doubleroti,pao,bun or we call it with any other name; it is the part of our breakfast which completes our daily routine. This ready to eat item is popular with egg and butter but the recent study by Centre For Science and Environment (CSE) have turned this must breakfast eatable bitter. 
CSE conducted test on various samples collected from different part of the capital belonging to different brands. They found 84% samples test positive for potassium bromate and potassium iodate after tests on 38 varieties which include Britannia,Harvest Gold,KFC, McDonalds, Domino's Pizza and Subway. These revelations are shocking and disturbing as all of us have eaten from one of these brands. It should also be noted that these two substances which are used to soften breads and enhance their color and texture namely potassium bromate and potassium iodate are banned in many countries of the world after a study conducted in the 90's. These substances however are not harmful a…

Amritsar & Wagah Border Trip

Amritsar & Wagah Border Trip


Amritsar is the city of Golden Temple the sacred pilgrimage for Sikhs. The area around is recently developed beautifully to promote tourism by renovating it with related themes and including some modern day structures which compliment the place nicely. Historical Jalianwala Bagh where Britishers fired mercilessly on innocent Indians also lies in that area and it now has a monument as a remembrance to those who killed in that massacre. Another important thing in the area is Partition Museum build inside Town Hall which encloses memories of partition with having things donated by people effected by the tragedy along with the historical accounts of that time. But photography is not allowed inside the museum. 






I also visited Ranjit Singh Panorama Museum which housed weapons of Ranjit Singh army and has some depictions of Raja Ranjit Singh's life through painting and models. There is also Gobindgarh Fort which you must visit for the 7D film on life of R…

My Brother,My Role Model

My Brother,My Role Model

In the course of life it is not the one man or one moment which inspires to be better and the best but anyone you come across in your life teaches you something valuable. These lessons we learn from them improves our lives and make us better making these men our role model whom we tries to imitate.

When I was a child my families financial condition was not very good. My father suffered a huge loss in his business. One or the other borrower queues daily at our door for their money while we didn't have enough money to afford even food. My father was shattered, it was at that time my mother and brother stood for him. My brother leaved his study and started learning some work. He learned machine embroidery work in only four months for which others took a year or so to learn and then he started his own work with some financial support from my parents who at that time opened a grocery shop.

I was very young at that time but I still remembered that my brother ha…