Skip to main content

My Doomsday Moment

My Doomsday Moment




I was excited for my first day of my first job at McDonald's Rohtak. This job was suitable for me as it allow me to continue my studies. I was prepared for hard work because my friend who worked there told me about extra workloads for newcomers. It was after I delivered my first order mob of hundred people entered in the mall where my workplace my McD was also situated and started destroying everything. I was frightened with their screams and shouts. They were not only destroying property but also looting things and attacking people. Soon some twenty to twenty five people with lathis in their hand also entered in the McDonald. I was near the entrance, they pushed me down and started beating me. I was hoping that someone would come and save me but all staff was receiving the same treatment even girls were not spared. They started setting the mall on fire, somehow we all came out before the fire started. I was witnessing my workplace in blaze. Our manager told us to go home now. My home was not very far from the mall so I reached home receiving few more blows from the people on the road.

When I reached home my mother was standing and crying outside with my younger sister as our Jat landlord threw them out of the house. She told her to wait till her husband and son reached home but he didn't listen to her. Our things were scattered on the road many of which were picked up by the agitators. After sometime my father came whose condition wasn't different from me. He took us to our relatives nearby where things were controlled by the army. My mother was worried about my elder sister who hasn't returned home from her work from Murthal. My father has informed her to come to this new place where we were staying before he came to pick us but it was long time ago. As night approached my father was also worrying for her. It was then we heard knock on the door. My sister entered with torn clothes, wounds and bruises were visible on her body. My mother hugged her and started crying, my father remained still for few minutes and then collapsed on the ground. I lost my workplace, my home, my father, my sister was raped and soon fire engulfed that house in which we were staying with all its occupants. 

This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.

Comments

  1. I will never understand why people who have the strength to burn a whole state, need reservation. The government is mum and scared. Your post written from a victim's point of view is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You brought tears in my eyes. I am moved by this post and can't understand such hatred in attacking innocent people with a Maun Govt to whom this situation is a boon. Sad that such apathy and law and order is not reinforced. Thought provoking, the post touched my nerves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your comments always encourages me to write better

      Delete
  3. Totally moved by this post... very heartwarming indeed. :'/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my.. that's really a terrible thing to happen. :( Thought provoking post and awesome narration Cifar.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bitter Bread

Bitter Bread
Bread,doubleroti,pao,bun or we call it with any other name; it is the part of our breakfast which completes our daily routine. This ready to eat item is popular with egg and butter but the recent study by Centre For Science and Environment (CSE) have turned this must breakfast eatable bitter. 
CSE conducted test on various samples collected from different part of the capital belonging to different brands. They found 84% samples test positive for potassium bromate and potassium iodate after tests on 38 varieties which include Britannia,Harvest Gold,KFC, McDonalds, Domino's Pizza and Subway. These revelations are shocking and disturbing as all of us have eaten from one of these brands. It should also be noted that these two substances which are used to soften breads and enhance their color and texture namely potassium bromate and potassium iodate are banned in many countries of the world after a study conducted in the 90's. These substances however are not harmful a…

Hindi Hain Hum Watan Hai Hindustan Hamara?

Hindi Hain Hum Watan Hai Hindustan Hamara? (Part 3 of India Series) Previous Parts : Part 1: India In Danger? ; Part 2 : Bharat Humko Jaan Se Pyara Hai? The following post is part of Indispire Edition 25 at Indiblogger
(Inter - Religion marriage still taboo among Indians ? What is your take on it .)

We as Indians are still confused for our cultural identity i.e who we are as residents of this country. Hindu,Hindustani,Indian,Bharatiya,Hindi or something else. When there is so much struggle in conveying our identity then how people who consider even inter-caste marriages as taboo would accept Inter - Religion marriages. We are all united under our constitution which make all of us equal and grants freedom to follow any religion. An adult individual thus holds the freedom to choose his or her partner regardless to any religion.The constitution also declares India as Bharat or India and not as Hindustan which denotes its secular identity not related to a particular religion. How a Chris…

Gorakhpur Tragedy

Gorakhpur Tragedy
Amid increase crime report in UP where after swearing in of Yogi Adityanath as chief minister cases of murders, kidnapping, dacoities, rape, etc has increased many folds the fresh news came of the negligence in government hospital. At least 60 children have died over five days at the state-run Baba Raghav Das Medical College hospital in Gorakhpur.  The deaths are being blamed on infections and possible disruption of oxygen supply in the pediatric ward. 


The administration has rejected the claims of shortage of Oxygen as reason for deaths but the increase supply of Oxygen cylinders in the morning after the news broke out indicating otherwise. Isn’t it the negligence of the government hospital administration, health minister and Chief minister? Incidentally Gorakhpur was Yogi Adityanath’s Lok Sabha constituency. No compensation can fill the void of death of innocent children but there must be a time bound probe of the reasons behind the death and culprits must be puni…