Malaysia - Truly Asia

Malaysia - Truly Asia


Since when I saw the TV commercial of Malaysia Tourism with I tag line of Malaysia - Truly Asia it became my first choice for foreign holidays.  Malaysia is very much like India in its multiculturalism and diversity that might attract me towards it at the first glance. They also practice many religions like us so one can definitely experience beautiful mosques,churches,etc. My first impression of Malaysia than was of a mini India but a lot more organised and well maintained. This contest gave me a chance to explore Malaysia more.

How can one select only 5 things to experience in a country like Malaysia when they have whole of the world in them world heritage sites like George Town - Penang,Melaka City - Melaka,beautiful hill station in the form of Cameron Highland in Pehang, engineering marvels of Kualalumpur Petronas Tower and KL tower, BBKLCC stretch shopping experience, mesmerizing nature's paradise like Sepilok Nature Reserve in Sebah or Mulu National Park in Sarawak,etc.,Putra Mosque,St.John's Fort,Legoland, Malaysia has offerings for everyone, there are destinations for shopaholic,nature lovers, adventurers,culture lover, religious souls,food lovers, travelers and above all peace lovers if one wants some peaceful time for oneself than Malaysia is a place to visit. 

I have selected following five dream destinations to visit in Malaysia



1. Petronas Twin Towers : The twin skyscrapers in Kuala Lumpur is synonymous with Malaysia. Whenever one imagines Malaysia view of world's tallest twin towers comes in mind,the bridge connecting both the towers is also the highest twin storey bridge in the world. These towers are landmark of Kuala Lumpur with nearby Kuala Lumpur Tower. An example of modern architecture has traditionally inspired interiors. Night view of the skyscraper make you forget everything around. These towers tops my list in things to experience in Malaysia.


2.Jalan Alor - Kuala Lumpur :The name of this place is in my mind since I hear it first in a food based show in which contestant prepared a dish famous in this food street. I have forgotten the name of that dish but Jalan Alor resonates in my mind being a food lover. We in Delhi always wish for such a food street in Chandni Chowk where one can feel the foods of our nation. So such a destination for me is a dream come true. Its full of stalls at sidewalks of the food which represents Malaysia. I believe in eat and let eat, that place seems to be perfect for me a foody by birth.



3. Kinabalu Park - Sabah : I knew Mount Kinabalu from my school days as highest mountain peak in Malaysia now I know that Malaysia has developed Kinabalu National Park in that area which is also UNESCO's world heritage site for outstanding universal values and the role as one of the most important biological sites in the world with more than 4,500 species of flora and fauna, including 326 bird and around 100 mammal species. How can one restricted in a concrete jungle miss such a green heaven full of gifts of nature. A site to experience mountain trekking and hot natural springs.




4.Kabili-Sepilok Nature Reserve - Sebah: The credit of visit to that reserve goes only to Orangutan. This reserve is responsible for rescue and rehabilitation of endangered species of orangutan. Baby orangutans from logging sites, plantations, illegal hunting or kept as pets were rescued and then trained to survive in the wild since the opening of the rehabilitation center in 1964. I who haven't seen a normal monkey from close fascinates to see orangutan. Moreover this place is natural rain forest with many species of vegetation. I have heard about the tours in that area it will be fun to experience one of them.



5.Tioman Island - Pahang : That destination deserves the place owing to its serene beaches. Away from the hullabaloo of city life this place is relaxing. I first came to know about this island through Discovery Channel in the list among the best beaches of the world. Not only that it is a famous scuba diving spot in Malaysia. One can also have the experience of varied aquatic life. If you see pictures of that place you will surely want to be pictured in that area. It is not much populated and serves as an inspiring place for a writer,musician,director or anybody related to the creative field.

It is difficult to select the best mango from the bucket of ripened mangoes similarly it is difficult to select few places out of so many destinations in Malaysia and it becomes more troublesome when every place is your dream travel destination. Malaysian destinations comes in the list of Times's magazine must visit travel destinations before you die. Many Indian films were shot in Malaysia. It comes in the list of F1 race organizers,fashion show event and award functions were also held there. I am sure it is a dream for not only  me but many around the world.


I am participating in the MalaysiaJao Blogathon Contest in association with BlogAdda.com.

Note: While I was writing about Malaysia the MH370 Flight Incident was lingering in my mind hoping for some miracle to happen which save all the passengers in that flight. I hope you all will pray the same while reading this write up.

Comments

  1. I have a very good friend with connections to Malaysia. She has lived there for many years. I am just dropping by from A to Z as a member of Tina's Terrific Team. If I can be of any help please let me know.

    JO ON FOOD, MY TRAVELS AND A SCENT OF CHOCOLATE

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment