Modi Lost Bihar Battle.
The month long elections of Bihar assembly ended today 8th Nov, 2015 with victory of Nitish Kumar lead Mahagadbandhan. The all efforts of prime minister Narender Modi lead National Democratic Alliance (NDA) were lost in vain. The election which fought on subjects of Chemistry (DNA remark by Modi), Mythology (Lalu's Nar Pishach and Rakshas remarks), Biology (Cow and Beef politics) and Tourism ( Fire Crackers in Pakistan and sending critics to Pakistan) more than political and developmental issues concluded with victory of Indian values of tolerance, peace and unity.
BJP attempted to polarize these polls by bringing Hindutva and cow in between the development (vikas) model. Lalu Prasad and Nitish Kumar did their best to play caste card and Bihar honor issue which have nurtured them a sweet fruit of victory. It seems the issues which were point of hot discussion in the nation also played an important role in this elections. Bhartiya Janata Party and Narender Modi's attitude towards rising price of pulses, Nepal Blockade issue, award returning and their intolerance in dealing with their critics have cost them a defeat. Every state election is not as important as this one because this will shape the future politics of the country and will help central government to rethink their policies in running the country.
Here are few takeaways from this election:
- The caste equations which thought to be broken with Modi wave have returned to haunt the nation thanks again to Modi patronage RSS head's remarks against reservation.
- Hindu and Muslim both understand development is necessary for their sustenance as human.
- Cow issue was more political than religious.
- Lalu is not tired and retired, he still has role to play in national politics.
- Narender Modi as Prime Minister of India must respect the decorum of his post by selecting his words wisely.
- Indian Muslims have nothing to do with Pakistan and presence of Pakistanophobia proves government's weakness.
- Awardees who have returned their awards are raising genuine questions. They are not anti- national as portrayed by ruling government.
You have raised genuine questions and offers a detailed analysis. Politics of religion and polarization doesn't work. High time for Modi to dissociate himself with extremists like RSS and VHP. There is a growing perception that he is a weak PM and him calling shots is smoke without fire.ReplyDelete