YES or NO to Pre-Marital Sex
Pre-marital sex is sexual activity practiced by persons who are unmarried. Since world is becoming more liberal in its ways, the thing once considered taboo and sin in numerous cultures and societies have became the part of it. The increase exposure to sex and sexual material on Internet is also a reason for its increase among teenagers.The youth adapting to the changing socio -economic factors considers it as a necessity to uplift their status in their group. Those who abstain from it are labelled as hypocrites who don't belong to this modern world.
I am against pre-medical sex not because I believe it to be against our culture or society or tradition neither because I consider it a western trend ruining our rich heritage but because some of its negative aspects.
- Teenagers tries sex out of curiosity without knowing safe sex practices which leads to increase in teenage pregnancies and increases the risk of contacting sexually transmitted infections.
- Termination of pregnancies in some cases affect the possibility of being pregnant again in future thus having adverse affect later in life when one plans for a family.
- A study reveals that individuals who had more sexual partners before marriage compared with those who had less likely to have a high quality marriages perhaps for the reason of sexual satisfaction. An individual tends to find sexual pleasure in many and not one in this kind of cases leading to failed marriages.
- 63% male Indian youth wants to marry a virgin girl according to a Hindustan Times Youth survey 2014 while whatever be the status of their own virginity. Such youths sometimes perform virginity test on girls whom they want to marry which is derogatory for the other sex.
- Pre-marital sex and casual relationships have been de-stigmatized in the youths' minds but they are afraid of being found out which if happens leads to mental depression and public shame.
- Few narrow minded males see sex as an opportunity to show off among friends. They falls to the extend that they record their sexual act to show to their friends, such MMS's sometimes leaked by some friend or sick minded people to earn money. This resulted in public humiliation of couples involved some of which commits suicide in fear of facing society.
- I also think that it is making people more practical than emotional about relationships and the value of love somewhat left behind when you become practical.
This post is part of Yes or No to Pre-Marital Sex contest on Indiblogger as Poonam Uppal's Book Promotion. initiative.
Talk about changing times. I agree to your point on the need to weigh on priorities and options. Alternately, it can be viewed as a personal choice.ReplyDelete